This album was produced as a test of the core features of the synthesizer I degisned ("EkeSynth"). A unique configuration was used to render each prelude and fugue pair.
Several algorithms where designed to generate and manipulate the sound in this album. The most significant one is a computationally cheap sound generator which produces sound which is rich in harmonics, balanced in energy, and very simple to configure. The other of significance is an enveloping scheme which applies instantaneous magnitude shifts to any signal at any time, without introducing any discontinuitues (I used an alternative compromise for this).
Notably absent in the album is any sort distortion. I didn't want it, and I figured that a clean signal would be better (particularly for preserving harmonic relationships which composers where likely expecting).