* Lame Drivers started in New Jersey, expanded in Providence RI, and were born again in Brooklyn NY. In the summer of 2009, Lame Drivers morphed into a 3-piece and is now leaner, darker, and more psychedelic. “You do more…with less” says Gerard.
* Lame Drivers have released music on 75 Or Less, Not Not Fun, State Capital Recordings, Eggy Records, LCMR. The Launchpad2Demoverse LP is coming summer 2011 Sleeping Giant Glossolalia and several sets of new material are on the way.
* WHO SAYS WE SOUND LIKE WHAT: In our youth, Lame Drivers were courted by a larger record label who thought we sounded like Bruce Springsteen and The Clash. Young Lame Drivers were also compared to a “dirty mix of Replacements/Stooges-influenced pop”, “like a young Replacements or Guided By Voices“, “like the Buzzcocks getting a reacharound from the Descendents,” “rock hard in Jesus & Mary Chain fashion”. More recently, Lame Drivers one Lame Drivers song was compared to Pell Mell and their music was described as “filled with hooks, it’s got a punk influence, power-pop influence, indie rock, psychedelic, all my favorite rock elements“.
* Lame Drivers have played shows in 10 states with the likes of Flipper, Kurt Vile, Oxford Collapse, The Gossip, Vic Thrill, We Are Wolves, Frightened Rabbit, German Measles, Cause Co-Motion, Home Blitz, So Cow, Soft Pack, Total Abuse, Dinowalrus, Clockcleaner, Doug Gillard, Senator R. Stevie Moore, Noveller, Bird Names, Tonstartssbandt, Sisters, My Teenage Stride, Big Troubles, Jeff The Brotherhood, and Buttnaked Butthole…we like to play!
* Past & present Lame Drivers have also played in Home Blitz, Capstan Shafts, Get Him Eat Him, The Great Excape, Gutsies, Kleenex Girl Wonder, Mr Dream, and other projects.
* “Lame Drivers Have Not Received The Recognition They Deserve From The Internet“ – New York Rock Market, Jan 2011
* In 2011, Lame Drivers released a free 27-track sampler of their music called Cruisin’ Classics 2003-2010, which has received airplay on the mighty WFMU (check out some playlists to listen to Lame Drivers in the context of a freeform radio show!). Lame Drivers have also received airplay on KDVS, WPRB, WMBR, East Village Radio, WNYU, No Love For Ned, and other places. We recognize that everyone is a broadcaster, so YOU are encouraged to help spread the word by downloading and sharing our music and broadcasting it out of your speakers/phones and beyond under a Creative Commons license.
CURRENT LINEUP: Jason Sigal (guitar), Joe Posner (bass), Jeff Wood (drums)]